Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Smooth Ride' mobile app project
In partnership with a good friend (and expert programmer / developer), we've created a cool and useful mobile app to measure the ride behavior of any vehicle. It's been a very helpful tool to gain a deeper understanding of what makes a suspension work well or poorly.

Further changes are planned for later 2018 and I'm also developing additional resources to make this more accessible to a mainstream audience.

EDIT: Right now the app is not available for public use. Please follow development here and on the Decoding Suspensions website.
(09-12-2018, 09:25 PM)Shaikh Jalal Wrote: In partnership with a good friend (and expert programmer / developer), we've created a cool and useful mobile app to measure the ride behavior of any vehicle. It's been a very helpful tool to gain a deeper understanding of what makes a suspension work well or poorly.

Further changes are planned for later 2018 and I'm also developing additional resources to make this more accessible to a mainstream audience.
Is this website functional? I signed up, but can't use it. I get the message "Your account is not enabled".
SuperBen
2006 STI 
DIY Offroad Build

Does this mean wait for approval, or is this an issue?

Thanks!
Hey Ben and Raul,

You're correct and I wasn't specific enough of my intention in my first post. While I'd made the app available for a time, I decided earlier in the year to turn off public access. Right now, only I can use it as I do when working with a customer I meet face-to-face. The expenses I've incurred from developing, coding, and maintaining that site are significant so I'm weighing how to offer access while covering those costs and my overall business expenses. Frankly, having more FCM Elite orders right now would help as sales slowed down in summer (as often happens with people being on vacation) and some additional and continuing Elite orders would help incentivize me to reactive access, even if limited to 10-20 measurements.

The app is cool but I've found that getting the concepts is more important. That's why I spent a lot of the summer thinking about and developing the key 'Ride Harmony' principles that determine if vehicle has a smooth or rough ride. That's what the Decoding Suspension website is about: helping drivers develop a mental model for what a suspension should be doing and also cultivate an 'in-your-body' feel for what their vehicle's ride is telling them. What does jacking down feel like, or pitch, or too high gas pressure, etc.? Getting clearer on the concepts and physical feedback will help you understand - without needing an app - what is happening. The app won't help you interpret the data so I think I need to train the user first and then make the app available in some manner. An app isn't a substitute for tuning in to your body.

So, as I said, look for more developments in the app later this fall. If you or someone you know wants to get an Elite project going, having more Elite orders helps me justify giving free or limited-access to cool projects like the Smooth Ride app.

Shaikh
I would just edit the first post/or title in order to reflect what was explaned in your last post in there Shaikh. It would be clearer to members of the forum.

Just my 2 cent here.
Good idea, I made the edit.
(09-15-2018, 08:07 PM)Shaikh Jalal Wrote: Good idea, I made the edit.

No problem .